my daughter is 10 years old and she has recently started to get stomach cramps. She described them as feeling as if she had to have a bowel movement, but she didn't actually have to go. She had to change her underwear 3 times last night because she said they felt wet, like she had peed just a bit, but she hadn't. The wet spot was about the size of a dime or quarter. Is she having discharge or is this maybe a urinary problem I need to have checked out? I am new to this and I want to make her comfortable talking about her body issues. Any help would be great.

Younger and younger girls are reaching puberty and having a period. Which is one of the many reasos why girls as young as 12 are ending up pregnant. It would be beneficial to discuss 'womanly' issues with her, and explain sex, and that it causes pregnancy unless a woman uses protection or takes birth control pills.

I dont think ten is too young at all. I was nine when I first started to develop. though maybe you should get her checked out especially if she is having cramps.

Hi, alot of girls are going through puberty at this age. Check to see if she has any pubic hair or if her breasts are budding yet. It sounds like normal discharge best to get her to wear pantyliners it will help with the wet feeling.

Hey everybody. It can be strange for a girl her age to mature that fast and feel cramps. I don't think that is supposed to happen for a couple of years from now. My little cousins were both starting to mature at that age. But, there aren't any specific rules about when you hit puberty, so anything is possible. If she is having cramps all the time, you should go and see someone about that, because it might not be her femininity at all, it could be a bacteria or some kind of urinary failure. Check it out if it doesn't go away.

Its ok.Its not unusal for a 10 year old girl to be starting getting cramps.That means she is growing.Becuz her insides are growing and thats makes cramps.I am a guy,10 and i am going through puberty.Really check and see if she is getting pubic hair or underarm hair.If she is,she is going through puberty. :-D

Hi, I'm an 11 yr old boy and lots of my female freinds say that they are having the same problem so don't worry about it

Its ok. I am ten years old and i am a girl and am going through the same thing and so are most of my friends. Its perfectly normal i would say. :)

Hi! Im Ten To! Im A Girl And I Have The Same Problems! I Do Feel Akward When My Mom Brings Up The "Puberty And Growing Subject" And Im Sure All Girls Would Im Sure She Is Going Threw Puberty =O Check Out The Signs See If She Has Them

Its probably just discharge, I get cramps alot too! Im 11 and first startde to develop breasts when I was 10 and get pubic hair, I dont have a peroid but Im sure shes ok

Hi! I am ten and I can give advice. The cramps are a form of growing pains I get. Give her a Tylonol or Advil and have her lay down a bit. The wet spots are vaginal discharge. It sounds normal, so just have her wear pantyliners. In about 6 to 18 months, she may get her period. Check for hair on her genitals, under her arms, and breast buds. If she has these, she's going through puberty.

Hi, i am a mum of a10 yr old she will be 11 in 2 months who asked me if it was normally to have wet panty's in the morning, have gave her some pantliners to help and have spoke to her about periods etc before, ahe also has the scchool nurse in tomorrow to talk about periods, so all your replys on here have reassured me so thank you

is scary is that is girls as young as eight years old are having periods therefore a girl having a period At 10 is almost considered normal all you can do is tell the truth to make sure she is the right products I am sure if you took a survey of the class at least half the class by age 12 will have their period good luck if you need more please feel free to send me a message

j-save

girls and boys can hit puberty at 7 until there 18 so yer go with the flow i guess

:-) Icebreaker wrote: I have a daughter who is 10 and almost approaching 11, she has pubic hair pratically nearly all grown and her boobs starting to develop... i was 16yrs old and my eldest daughter is almost 21 yrs old and she was 13 so this is quite an experience for me as i feel she is still a little girl and find it will be difficult to have a conversation about adult things, even though we are a very open family and discuss any issues.. I do not really want to discuss sex as i feel because she is actually very forward  and independnt i may cause more harm than good )if you understand me) don't want her experimenting too early. x