Hi. So I am 15 and still don't have my period. I know everyone who has it is thinking soooo lucky but it's awful. I am extremely flat chested but for the past few months I have been getting white and clear discharge. Today I got brown though. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if I'm close to my period? I don't have a single stomach pain or cramps at all. Also i have had hair growing down there for about 4 years or so maybe more and armpit hair for about a year.  If anyone knows if my period is coming soon or if it is not please let me know. Thank you for reading this and if you are going through the same thing as me totally let me know because I'm guessing we could rant for a while about this

Health Guru

Hi, I agree you are late to most girls getting your period and as for being flat chested still as well makes me think it could be hormones, are you able to talk to your mum about the lack of breasts and only just starting your period and maybe ask if she thinks it would be worth a trip to the doctor to get your hormone levels checked out.

Do you have an older sister to know when they started there's and does small breasts and late blooming run in your immediate family?

When you first get your period they arn't always regular and full on like normal so I would say this could be the start of your first one.

I haven't gotten my period yet. I have no sisters just brothers but my mom would not take me to the doctor becuase she was also late. About 17 I believe. I just asked this question to see if it could possibly be a sign of maybe getting my period earlier than my mom did.

Health Guru
I would say it's signs that your going to start them soon now, have you ever asked your mum if she had small breasts when she was your age?

I haven't directly asked but she has hinted at it. She also graduated under 100lbs so she was obviously very tiny...I am also just 5'2 and pretty skinney

Health Guru
That could also be a reason why you was both so late starting your periods then.

Yes you're right. I was hoping the brown discharge would mean I would be getting it soon. But thank you for all your help! (:

Health Guru
I would say that they will start very soon now that you have had that happen :-)

Ok thank you for your help...I know there really is no way to for sure say but I am about a 32A right now and you would think that if it is going to start soon that I would have a bigger size becuase my mom is a 36D

Health Guru
I know a couple girls that were in there early 20s before there breasts started to get bigger.
If your skinny like you say and have little body fat then that will all most certainly be the reason why your only a 32A because breast tissue is made up mostly of fat, You also have to remember your mum has had two kids so the breasts always grow during pregnancy.

Ok thank you for all your help

Health Guru
Your welcome and if you ever have any more questions you would like answered just leave a message here or make an account and send me a private messaged and I'll get back to you :-)