Hello. My mother is constantly tired and she is thirsty all the time. She drinks water a lot. I tell her to go to the doctor since I hear that these can be symptoms of diabetes. I would like to know what symptoms of diabetes mellitus are. I will appreciate it very much.

Hello. It appears she could have diabetes, but we can be sure only if she goes to the doctor’s office. Fatigue is indeed a common symptom for diabetes. These patients are thirsty all the time and that is called polydipsia. They also show excessive hunger or polyphagia. They urinate a lot (polyuria). There can be sudden weight loss. Their immune system is weaker and that is why they tend to have infections and their wounds heal slower. Blurry vision is also possible, so as mood changes. In any case, take your mother to the doctor’s.

Hello I got blood work done while fasting and also a urine test done diabetes test was negative. I feel very thirsty. I also have anxiety any suggestions please.