Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I'm really confused right now because I'm experiencing some strange things.
About two weeks I started to feel abnormal hunger. I was eating almost everything that I found in house.
Of course, I didn’t consider this to be anything alarming but just specific period in life. Can you believe- this didn’t affect my weight at all. But, after week or so, my son frightened me when he told me that it could be related to some diseases and that I should contact my doctor over this. Please tell me this isn’t true! What could be the cause of this extremely increased appetite?

Hello. I have just read your post and to be honest with you, it made me thinking about it. I have done a small research and listen what I have found out about your “problem”.
This condition is described in some medical encyclopedias that I have as hyperphagia and polyphagia. This refers to persons who are being focused only on eating, or eating excessively before feeling full.
There are many possible reasons. Some of those are anxiety,
Bulimia, diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes, Graves ‘disease,
hyperthyroidism and hypoglycemia, diabetes mellitus and drugs -such as corticosteroids tricyclic antidepressants.
Although, this could mean nothing- I suggest you anyway to contact your GP over this. Good luck!