Hello. I'm having some problems to understand how one terrible disease occurs. You see, about a month ago my mother has been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus and since then- she is on insulin treatment. I'm very sorry about her because just recently she has lost her mother and was pretty depressed and now this…!
I really don’t understand anything about this disease, cause, symptoms and pathophysiology.
Some tell me that she has too much sugar in her blood and some say that she has too low level of sugar. How this could be?
Could anyone please tell me more about this condition? What is the exact pathophysiological mechanism of diabetes mellitus!?

I was diagnosed with diabetes, type 2, six years ago and during this period I have read at least a hundred books about it.
You see, people gave you good information but you didn’t understand it. On one hand, your mother has high blood sugar because she doesn’t have enough insulin to transport it into cells. That’s why her blood is filled with sugar and her cells lack of it. So, she is in constant hyperglycemia. Classical symptoms of hyperglycemia are polyuria-excessive urination, thirst, excessive nigh urinating and weight loss.
There are several possible scenarios of diabetes but the most commons are that the pancreas that produces insulin is insufficient or it could be that the cells can't use the insulin the can be found in blood.