Hello, people. My friend has been recently diagnosed diabetes mellitus. As far as I understand, her doctor recommended her only diet as a treatment. I would like to know what kind of diet is required for these patients. I would really like to know that. Your help will be very appreciated.

Hello. For people with not so high blood sugar levels, special diet is enough to control their glucose. The patient should be careful with alcohol since it can lower blood sugar level. They should be careful when taking carbohydrates. 40 grams of dietary fibers every day are recommended. They should consume twice the levels of proteins that the regular persons. Fat should be above 30%. They don’t need more vitamins and minerals. You should talk to a nutritionist if you are interested in more details. I hope I’ve helped.