Hello, folks. My mother and her mother suffer from diabetes. As far as I know, there is a predisposition within a family. I would like to find out whether I might have this disease. How will I know if I suffer from diabetes mellitus? I would appreciate if someone could reply to my post.

Hi, there. You haven’t mentioned whether you have any symptoms or you just want to check this. Diabetes mellitus type 2 has a strong predisposition within family. If you are thirsty or feel an excessive hunger, you may suspect on diabetes. If you urinate a lot, this can also be a sign. Diabetics have weaker immune system, so they tend to infections. Their wounds heal slower. The easiest way to check this out is to go to the doctor and give your blood for analysis. Your blood sugar level will be determined. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!