Hello, good people. I would like to ask you something. We have all heard about diabetes mellitus, but no one knows what exactly it is. I would like to ask someone to describe me this disease if one can. I would be very grateful for this. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi. I will try to describe it. In diabetes insulin is either produced insufficiently or it can’t have effect on target cells. Insulin is very important for glucose to enter the cell. Glucose is very important source of energy for cells. It is their food. If it can’t enter the cells, then they are hungry. In that way, there is a high level of blood sugar. In that way the cells are hungry and on the other hand some organs are damaged by this high amount of sugar. That is why there are many complications of this disease on kidneys, nerves, arteries, eyes, etc. If you want to know more details, don’t hesitate to ask me. Bye!