Hi there, I am a girl who is 18 years old. I would like to know what actually peripheral blood vessel is. It would be really nice of you to tell me everything you know about peripheral blood vessels. For everything you write, I will be most grateful. Thank you for everything you write and sorry to waste your time.

Blood vessels which are outside human heart make peripheral blood system. For instance, carotid artery is one artery in this system and it supplies blood to your brain. Other main arteries of this system are: renal, femoral, iliac and other arteries. I don't know more than that, so I suppose that this will have to be enough from me.

Hello there diahann,

Peripheral blood vessels are those which are not in the core of the body and not those which supply skeletal muscles and the most common example is the blood vessels of the skin

Skin blood flow is a critical component of temperature regulation and to dissipate heat, warm blooded animals direct blood flow to the skin. This blood is later on transferred to the surrounding environment.

So if you want to exercise and exercising is producing heat or enter  a sauna, your skin blood vessels would vasodilate to direct that warm blood towards the skin surface.

On the other hand if you want to get cold for some reason, peripheral vasoconstriction will occur and this is going to shunt blood away from the skin to help conserve heat and prevent its dissipation to the environment.