I noticed my eye is red and somewhat puffy and swollen, what could this be?

Red eye is a bright red patch appearing in the white of the eye. They are caused by enlarged, dilated blood vessels leading to the appearance of redness on the surface of the eye. One common cause of a red eye is straining or coughing. This is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage. Sudden increases in pressure such as violent sneezing or coughing can produce subconjunctival hemorrhages. These hemorrhages may also occur in people with high blood pressure or in those who take blood thinners.
The other causes that can make your eye red are cold, allergies, some foreign objects, like lenses that could irritate your eye, acute glaucome etc.
If you felt the pain in the eye beside the redness, you should go consult the doctor. Have you felt some other symptoms accompanied with the red eyes, for example headaches, nausea, vomitting..?

Hey everyone. Listen, I have a question for you? Did you go to see anyone about this issue? It might be very concerning because puffy eyelid can potentially indicate that something is really wrong with your eye. How does other eye look? Is it puffy sometimes too? Because if it's nearly closed and reddish that means that you have conjuctivitis. Does it leak at all? Listen, I would strongly advise you to see someone about this issue because doctors know the best way to treat it. There are literally dozens of possible reasons for swelling so, go and check it out.