Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

hi i am extremily allergic to alcohol what i think.when i take even a small amount of it,exactly after two and half i got unconscious , red skin and my back got bumpy.suggest me what do i do. i don't want to get deserted at parties please help me out i want to take it in moderation just to enjoy.

Loading...

Hi Balisingh,

It does sound like an allergic reaction.  In your case, a severe reaction called "anaphylaxis."  Search for it.  It can be fatal.

Don't drink alcohol, period.  Again, it can kill you with the type of reaction you are describing.  It is the same, and as dangerous, as someone with a severe peanut or bee allergy.

You passed out because your blood pressure dropped too low due to the anaphylaxis.  The red skin and bumpy back, hives, are also a result.

See an allergist.  Again this can be fatal.  If someone ever slipped you an alcoholic drink you could die.  It is possible that, with treatment,you may be able to be desensitized over time.

Good luck.




Reply

Loading...

thanks medic-dan for your precious reply. please do tell me one more thing that very small qty. of alcohol say about 30 ml is also same dangerous to me. with this qty. the symptoms are not all that severe but skin goes a little bit red.
Reply

Loading...

Once your body is sensitized to the allergen (alcohol) it only takes a little bit for symptoms to occur.

Skin turning red indicates that you are experiencing a reaction as the blood vessels dilate (capillaries in the skin). It's a big gamble and not worth the risk. Don't do it. You can lose consciousness easily. In many instances your airway (breathing) can also be impaired as the airways swell and constrict.

You are NOT having a minor reaction. See an allergist about his.

Your next time could be fatal.

Believe it or not, you don't need alcohol to have fun.
Reply

Loading...