I have heard so many different cases where people suffered and died because of cancer. I understand that is serious disease. However, when I try to hear more about cancer, I could just find specific types. I am not interested into some special type, but I want to hear some general info about cancer. Can you tell me what does it mean and what kind of disease cancer is?

Cancer is caused by an abnormal overgrowth of cells with more than 100 cancer subtypes. It is depending on which cell grows, so we could divide cancers into many different kinds. In many cancers, the cells clump together to form solid tumors, but in some the cells are dispersed around the blood stream or the lymphatic system. Prognosis of cancer has improved greatly in modern times owing to treatment and early detection. However, although survival rates have improved, cancer remains the second top cause of death. You have to know that cancer is a group of more than 100 different diseases that occurs when cells become abnormal. This is especially if cells keep dividing and forming more cells without order or control. All organs of the body are made up of cells, and normally, cells divide to produce more cells only when the body needs them. If cells divide without order, they form a mass of excess tissue called tumor. Tumors can be benign or malignant, and those are known as a cancer. The cells in malignant tumors can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs and travel through the bloodstream, known as metastasis.