I begun riding a mountain bike frequently and I’m interested in starting serious training and I have some questions to ask, and I ask for quick reply. What does aerobic system of training consists of? What is the zone of active recovery? I have heard of Paul’s Training program. Has anyone tried it?

The aerobic system is the foundation on which entire program is grounded. Training the aerobic system consists of two intensity levels: aerobic conditioning and max VO2 training. This is low intensity training which will allow you various physiological adaptations, such as: improved respiratory and cardiac function, thermoregulatory system, neuromuscular system, and fat burning capability. Active recovery is always better than being inactive. Moderate activity allows your muscles to relax and allow your blood to absorb enough oxygen. As for the Paul’s training program, it is based on 300 hours a year training time, and in my opinion it’s only for people who want to do it professionally. You can find a table summary on the Net.