I’ve noticed that my heart rate jumps extremely while I’m cycling. I wouldn’t like to cross the line and to cause damage to my health and that’s why I’ve decided to monitor my heart rate while I’m riding in order to control it. I know that there are certain exercising zones and they have something to do with heart rate. Can you tell me what device I can use for heart rate monitoring while I’m training?

Don’t worry. You’re maybe just tired or stressed and that’s why your heart rate is higher that usual. There are four zones and they’re determined by heart rate values: recovery zone, the aerobic zone, the anaerobic zone and VO2 max or red line zone. They’re calculated by means of resting heart rate and maximum heart rate. For example, the anaerobic zone takes up 80-90% of heart rate reserve. There are heart rate monitors that are designed like wrist watches. I’d recommend you Polar heart rate monitor. The model CS 400 is great. It automatically calculates training zone intensity and you can preset your own heart rate zone activity and thus you can relax and if your heart rate becomes too high the alarm will signal you and you can slow down.

it's quite normal to have a high heart rate when racing, and unless you have heart problems it's not likely to cause problems for you. part of your skill as an athlete is to know how hard you can push your heart rate for how long