I know very well that belladonna is Spanish for beautiful woman. However, I have heard there is belladonna plant that used in old times. I have heard that women in the Spanish and Italian court used the juice of the plant, which contains atropine, dissolved in water. After ingestion, it dilated their pupils to make them look more dreamy and beautiful. After some time I have heard, it is poison, so I wish to hear more about this belladonna plant.

Belladonna plant is native to central and southern Europe. That is light green plant, which likes plenty of shade. Bell shaped flowers of belladonna plant, give way to large, soft, shining black berries with purple juice. All parts of the plant are potentially toxic, and dry leaf contains atropine and scopolamine. These substances are narcotic and antispasmodic in effect, so this is a very charming and insidious plant. Atropa belladona is extremely poisonous, and deadly nightshade is another name given to belladonna. It is a highly toxic plant, because many toxins are present in all parts of the plant, especially in the seeds, roots and leaves. It has been known for centuries as a poison, and is used as a source for some medicines. However, it is too dangerous to use except by trained physicians. The symptoms from belladonna plant poisoning include a dry mouth and hot, flushed skin, nausea, convulsions, and delirium. Homoeopaths prescribe Belladonna plant for illnesses that have similar symptoms, where all parts of the belladonna plant are used. For this purpose, the plant is crushed and pressed with the juice mixed with alcohol to dilute it.

belladona: powerfull drug that makes you feel calm and usually sends you to sleep, in big doses it can kill you especially in combination with alchohol, belladona is also a well known witch herb..