Hello. I'm 46 year old female and I am very worried about my husband. You see, for years now he suffers from various lung diseases. He was developing some serious colds almost every year and now he suffers from chronic coughing.
But, this year was much more serious that the last because he started to feel short of breathe on exertion in morning or evening or sometimes even both.
I become very frightened and made him to contact his general practitioner. His GP after few X-rays determined that he suffers from some condition called emphysema. The thing that surprised me the most is that he didn’t prescribe him any medication. What is the cure for it?

I'm very sorry to say but I must tell you that there is no cure for this disease so; he will live with it to the rest of his life.
You didn’t tell us is your husband smoker but I can bet he is, or you live in area where air pollution is a constant problem.
Person doesn’t develop this disease suddenly but with years of repeating lung infections, very bad colds or chronic bronchitis attacks.
When the bronchi become irritated with years, some of the airways may be obstructed, trapping air in the lung beyond them and causing some of them to tear apart.
Your husband probably doesn’t suffer from some serious type of emphysema because if he does- he would probably use some bronchial dilating medications. If he smokes he must stop imidiately and he should practice regular exercise to maintain physical fitness.