Hi! A week ago my doctor diagnosed me emphysema. He told me that is best for me to quit smoking. Does emphysema get worsen when smoking? Tell me more about relation between emphysema and smoking.

Hi! Emphysema is caused by smoking. Having emphysema means some of the air sacs in your lungs are damaged, making it hard to breathe. Most cases of emphysema are caused by cigarette smoking. Cigarette smoke reaches deep into the lungs and causes permanent damage. Because, you have emphysema from cigarettes, the best way to stop your lung damage is to quit smoking as soon as possible. It's never too late to quit smoking. The number one treatment for emphysema is to quit smoking and stay away from smoky places. By quitting smoking, you can slow down emphysema.
Emphysema gets worse over time if you continue to smoke or breathe dirty air. The damage doesn't stop until you stop smoking and stop breathing dirty air. By quitting smoking, you can't undo the damage that's already done, but you can protect your lungs from any more damage. Good luck!

hey i started smoking when i was about 16 even though i sufferd with astma when i was younger i got rid of the astma with hope of jioning the army.i also used to smoke alot of weed but have stopped smoking everything now for a long time.i need to be fit for the army and need to be able to run alot but i cannot run wiothout weezing really badly i am really scared incase i have messed up my chances of jioning the army and letting everyone down.i know i dont have anstma as the docter told me i didnt when i went in for my medical im just affraid i have messed up my lungs for good! :-( i would just like to know if anyone else has had these problems or if anyone knows anything about it and could maybee give me some advice on how to get my lungs back to normal and how they should be at 18 years old.thanks..

Sounds like you do have asthma. I can't run without wheezing either, i use an inhaler but only when i need to. If you started smoking when you were 16 and you are now 18, i would say that you have not damaged things to much. It's when you smoke for years that bad things happen. I know, everyone in my family has some kind of problem either from smoking or drinking.
Your lungs will remain normal as long as you don't introduce anything nasty into them. It is hard to avoid some places tho.
I never had asthma, now i do. Oh well.... Some people never have allergies, then they do.
I would say that you have nothing life threatening going on, but i still say you have asthma.