Hello! My father is suffering from emphysema. His condition has become worse in the past few moths and his doctor recommended surgery. He recommended lung reduction surgery because, according to his opinion, this surgery could improve his condition. I am afraid of the possible risk. Can lung volume reduction surgery improve emphysema?

Hello! Lung reduction surgery is a procedure that can improve the quality of life for people with severe emphysema. You should know that this surgery is not a cure for emphysema but is an alternative to lung transplantation. Lung volume reduction surgery involves removing about 30 percent of the damaged lungs. The remaining tissue and surrounding muscles will be able to work more efficiently, making breathing easier. Your father has to contact a specialist for a full evaluation to find out if he qualifies for this surgery.

do i ask my gp for lvrs as we dont get told anything about copd.only hears your inhaler hears your seritide see you wenever .god what attitudes gps have 2day