Apprentice

Hey guys. I am writing you because I would like to know what exactly happens when you have high hemoglobin and what does it mean in general? I was diagnosed with high hemoglobin but I went to the doctor's unintentionally. I am not feeling sick at all and I would like someone to offer me an explanation because I am kind of scared right now. Is this something dangerous or what? I would like to know also if this changes something in my body or everything stays the same. I tried looking it up elsewhere but I was unable to find an answer. Tnx 

Hello.  It is not quite uncommon case you've got there, you know. While it's not uncommon, it doesn't mean that it is totally one hundred percent explored and researched. High hemoglobin levels can occur because of simple doings such as smoking cigarettes and living in a high altitude town or similar things. Some people are diagnosed with high hemoglobin and live their life perfectly fine. For others, the story isn't that good. Not at all. High hemoglobin could predict some serious conditions such as anemia or chronic lung diseases. I hope that, in your case, it turns out to be nothing serious.

My friend has had high hemoglobin and he was diagnosed with it a year ago, or something like that. And recently he went to the doctor's office because he wasn't feeling well and they made him do some tests. What happened next were the results which came hard on him. It seems that he suffers from some lung disease, chronic I guess. High hemoglobin has a big part in this because, apparently, hemoglobin isn't bound to the red blood cells as it should be, and instead of that it's roaming all over his lungs and that is the issue. I am worried for him.

Hey buddy. I can only imagine what he must be going through now. I am wondering if that is curable at all and how much serious is it at all. Hope it is solvable and that he will get a treatment he needs as soon as possible because lungs are very sensitive and there must be a way to get him to heal as soon as possible. As for high hemoglobin, it might indicate that you are having some serious health issues and if you aren't to visit a doctor in any time soon, you might be in for many complications.

I haven't done any research on this topic and I found this problem of yours very difficult to solve because it seems that high hemoglobin in your body doesn't mean that there is something really wrong with you at all. But, in the same time it could mean that you are suffering from something very dangerous. So, there is no better way to see what you are dealing with than to go to a hematologist because in that way, you will be able to see if there is anything wrong with your lungs, or the production of red blood cells.

Hello to all of you. I have been searching for a topic like this because my friend Amy seems to be having this issue and we don't know what we are supposed to do. Some say that this isn't something to be worried about, and that it isn't dangerous at all, while others say that having high hemoglobin might be a sign that Amy is sick and unaware of it. So, I don't know should I take her to a hematologist or do something else because she doesn't seem to be sick and I don't want to scare her with some bad news

From what I have read so far, it seems that hemoglobin is not a condition. High hemoglobin is rather looked at like a kind of symptom of some other diseases. There are conditions such as lung diseases, chronic types, or anemia and many others. Also, athletes might be suffering from it because of taking EPO, there are many people who are smokers and are diagnosed with higher amount of hemoglobin in their blood than it's normal but that is harmless most of the time. So, there is no point in waiting because the seriousness of the condition variates from one person to another.