Ever since about mid-april i've been feeling really weird. I'm constantly dizzy, and lightheaded. My nausea used to come every once in a while, but it seems im constantly nauseous now. I also have a sensitivity to light at night, it feels like im drunk or something. Although it doesnt seem like im losing my memory, it does seem like im confused a whole lot more. At one point my left arm felt really weak and numb. I don't know whats wrong, i went to the doctors in april and they just checked my heart rate, looked at my ears, nose and eyes and said it was probably anxiety. I honestly dont think it is anxiety anymore because ive been out of school for a couple of weeks now and theres nothing to be stressed about. Can someone please respond or tell me if they have had similar symptoms?

Ive got a similar problem. For about two years I have been suffering with feelings of dizziness in the head. It all started after a heavy night of drinking. Nowadays the feeling isnt as bad as it was but it wasbut still seems to be there all the time. I went to the doctors about it and they said it was probably due to anxiety and said i should go and see a councillor for it. This is mainly because my dizziness seems to be worse when I am feeling self-conscious. This seems a fair enough conclusion although dont see why stress it should make you feel dizzy! Also, my problem is alot worse after drinking even a small amount of alchohol the day before.
Now i dont drink very often and generally feel bit depressed with this illness! Also a weird thing ive noticed is that I feel more dizzy when I am being dextrous with my hands.
Since this all started I have had other symptoms like: generally more fatigued, more sensitive hearing (sometimes), sometimes feelings of weakness is arms and hands, more worryful about my health, feeling that something is wrong with me!
I dont suffer any symptoms of confusion, or numbness.
I am going to go back to doctors and ask for another evaluation.

Chris

Please let me know if anyone else is suffering the same symptoms or have tried anything that has helped them

Your dizziness is likely caused by excess fluid in your inner ear. Your inner ear is where your sense of balance lives. If you have excess fluid in there, it starts acusing your balance system to send the wrong signals to your brain (like telling your brain you're leaning to the left when you aren't). Your brain is constantly trying to compensate for this bad information which is hard work for your brain and the result is feeling dizzy. Extreme dizziness is vertigo (where you can only lie there and wait for it to pass). The dizziness leads to motion sickness which can cause vomiting. All the extra work on your brain trying to get you standing up straight leads to fatigue and confusion and trouble focusing as your brain is occupied trying to get you steady. One big possibility for excess fluid in your inner ear is allergies. This can be food or airborne allergies and it's worth being tested. In my case, I have Meneire's which is just a catch-all for having three symptoms all related to the inner ear: 1) Vertigo 2) Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and 3) Hearing loss. It only counts as Meneires if you have all three symptoms. Not likely you have that, but I've learned a lot about the inner ear as a result and excess fluid is a major cause of dizziness. I would bet on allergies. Ask your doc about it.

hey, i feel the same. i'm constantly dizzy 24/7. i've had 2 mri's, i've seen the ent and eye dr.,had all diff. types of blood work...and they still say everything is fine. they've tested the nerves from my brain to my eyes and ears and still nothing...i don't fell dizzy like things are moving or i'm going to fall over and i even have 20/20 vision..but somethings just not right...its like i "see" dizzy...like someone is seeing for me or like i'm looking through glass.i wonder sometimes if i'm crazy..its hard to describe,kinda like buzzing.my heart and blood sugars been checked...perfect..this has been going on for about a 1 1/2yr to 2 yrs...its caused me so much anxiety that i hardly ever want to do anything and probably wouldn't go to work if i didn't work on a ambulance..ocd, anxiety, and dizziness runs my life...somebody please help before i go crazy!!!

Are any of you on birth control? Or have you been in the past, for women I've noticed a lot of these posts of dizziness, confusion, a general feeling of unwellness all have birth control in common. Check with your doctors and see if your estrogen level is very high. If it is then you may be getting an over dose in your birth control method and you should switch to a new lower-dose formula. I'm having the same problems as you guys and I'm a 17 year old female whose been on birth control (yasmin) for about a year. Yasmin has a VERY high level of estrogen in it. Through some good old questioning of mom I've learned she has high estrogen and when she was young she had to switch to a lower dose. I hope this solves some peoples problems. I haven't tried switching yet because I just started a new pack but I'm going to maybe switch to the patch or something and I'll update when i do.

I have not used birth control b4. It happened after drinking alot for 8 days .Now I feeel dizzy and there is also something wrong in my stomach, like something is trying to pull it with a twisor. Hope I can find a solution as soon as possible.

I have been off sick for about six months and nothing has shown up in countless medical tests. My worst symptom was arthritic pain in joints and real difficulty in sleeping. Last night however I got up to go to the bathroom and nearly fell over I was so dizzy! (thats the first time thats happened). Through lots of internet reading and a process of elimination I have worked out that I am worst when taking anything with YEAST in it (bread, wine etc) so I probably have either a yeast infection or a moderate bacterial imbalance. Reading around the internet does show that there is a clear link between problems with the ears (I have terrible tinnitus at times) and bacterial infections through poor diet and general health . . . . google 'yeast' and 'mold' infections and you might discover links that help you understand your own problem. On a very strict diet I am making a recovery slowly day by day . thought I would mention this.

Get your thyroid checked! I had similar issues (as the first person's post) and turned out I had hashimoto's disease (chronic inflammation of the thyroid).

This is Lyme Disease. I had the same symptoms and had to go to about 20 doctors before I figured it out. Meanwhile I became very sick. I am better now but you need to talk to a Lyme Literate Doctor asap because there is a controversy about lyme disease and your doctor may not know enough about it or doesn't want to tell u that u have it. Google lyme disease and get more info and then u will see what i mean. then if you want to get well like I did go to: advanced cell training's website. (The medication works but not very well.)

If any of you are still having these symptoms let me know. I might know what'sgoing on because I recently got the problem fixed. I say this because this thread started awhile back so hopefully you guys have discovered your problems by now.sorryfor some of my grammar errors. This is a stupid ass website and doesn't let me delete anything unless it's in bold. I only made an account to reply to this thread.(:

What did you do to have the problem fixed?  ive been suffering from ear fullness and sinus pain with off and on vertigo.

Dear Evanpham,

kindly mail me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

to help me with this issue.

Dear Evanpham,

I am going through such problem.

How did u stop your symptoms? Kim

I am constantly dizzy and very light sensitive! At times I feel nautious as well! Overcast weather seems to affect my light sensitivity more!