Hi. I have been experiencing vertigo/dizziness for about 8 months now. All tests have been run by my doc with no evidence of a cause. I had my gall bladder removed about a year ago. Could this have anything to do with my dizzy state??? ~Dizzy in Texas

My husband was dizzy for months and saw specialists and after lots of tests and scans he was told he just had "vertigo". He almost lost his job until my brother in law who is a physician told me to call U.S.C. Medical center and get a second opinion. The same day we called USC Medical center a doctor called personally and told us, I think I know what you have and it's not vertigo". Wow what an amazing load off our shoulders. After seeing him and testing for "Menier's" disease, he confirmed it was not vertigo and what he had was brought on by salt. Has anyone told you about Meniers yet , Dizzy in Texas? If not, the doctor told my husband to completely stop eating anything that had more than a little bit of salt and praise God his dizziness stopped. We were told that when you have menier's disease your inner ear collects water and your body does not absorb it so the trapped water makes you dizzy. When you try and stop limit salt product as much as possible your body will absorb this water and in most cases the dizziness stops. In some cases though we were told people stay dizzy but for my husband I am thankful and blessed that his did stop. The doctor said that most patients with Menier's loose their hearing in that ear and in 10% of cases in both ears so were praying it doesn't progress. Hope that helps.