Hello, folks. My friend has told me over the phone that her kid had some kind of problem called selective mutism. Since she was in a hurry, I didn’t ask her what this was all about. I would like to know what kind of disorder it is. Can anyone give me some kind of info? I would appreciate it.

Hi, there. Selective mustism belongs to a group of social society disorders. Usually, a kid doesn’t speak in certain social situations. Some of these kids look shy and withdrawn in general. Some experts think that this is sign of depression or obsessive-compulsive disorder. This disorder should last for at least a month in order to set diagnosis like this is. Of course, this shouldn’t be applied to kids who come from immigrant families. I hope I’ve helped with this. I wish all the best to your friend’s kid. Bye!

Hello. I have also heard about selective mutism. My friend’s kid also had it. This kid simply grew out of it. However, there are those who require a treatment. There is a possibility of desensitization. Stimulus fading is another technique. Medications can also be recommended. Experts know details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!