Hi, good people. When I woke up this morning, I had what to see in a mirror. I had a sore eye and my eyelids were red. I was terrified. I would like to know if this could be blepharitis. What do you think? I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance.

Hello. I am not sure whether you have blepharitis when I read your symptoms like this. You haven’t mentioned itching, burning sensations, etc. These are all typical symptoms. Sore eye makes me think you may have conjunctivitis. We can guess like this till tomorrow. My advice for you is to visit an ophthalmologist. He will examine you properly. After that, he will make a diagnosis and after that he will conduct a proper treatment. Let me know your diagnosis when you find out. Bye!

Hallo,
As much as I know blepharitis is an inflammation of the eyelash. To be more precise it’s the follicles of the eyelash that get inflamed. The fact is that this can be caused by this condition. But there are several more things that could cause the red eyelids. Do you have any swelling of the eyelid? I think that this can be treated with warm clear water. If this is belpharitis you can benefit from antibiotic as well to stop the growth of bacteria that is causing this condition. Is your vision alright? I you have any problems with your vision you will have to see your doctor as soon as you can.

All the best to you,
Karen