Hello, guys. I have read some posts about blepharitis. All people talk how one should make a good hygiene around his eyes in order to prevent complications. I would like to know how serious this can get. Can blepharitis cause blindness if not treated on time? I would appreciate your answer.

Hello. You have read well. If not treated, blepharitis can really cause complications. But, I wouldn’t go that far. It cannot cause blindness. Chalazion is one of the complications. It is a result of a blockage of a gland in the eyelid. Conjunctivitis is another complication. Of course, there are corneal injuries as possible complications. If you are not sure, consult an expert. Bye!

Hi there,
Inflammation of the eyelash follicles is called blepharitis. Now this condition doesn’t happen too often but when it does it can cause several complications. The fact is that the main cause of this is a bacteria that is normally found on the skin, and when the bacteria starts to overgrown the problem starts. I don’t think that you can get blind from this condition, but if you have this you need to treat it. The fact is that you only need to clean the skin around your eye and prevent bacteria from overgrowing. You can use some baby shampoo or doctor may prescribe you some special cleaners. Also Antibiotics can help prevent the growth of bacteria.

All the best,
Danella