I need to hear what the best treatment is for I guess… blepharitis. I have my left eyelid that looks like it is inflamed-it is red and swollen and itchy and I have even started losing my eyelashes and I have become very sensitive to light. This has happened already ones but it disappeared on its own after 10 days or so but this time it lasts longer than 3 weeks and I am pretty concerned if this blepharitis –at least that is what my friend says I might be having-could cause me some sight damage on the long run so I am curious what is the best treatment for this blepharitis. Thanks!

According to the symptoms you have it is more likely you have blepharitis and I need to stress it couldn't affect your sight in no way, it only looks so ugly but for this is actually an eyelid inflammation it needs to be treated for it is usually caused by some bacteria-that is actually the usual cause of my blepharitis though also seborrheic dermatitis could have caused you this. And as for the treatment I don't think there as any 100%effective for once you get this blepharitis you better get ready on its frequent relapses further on but no matter this you still need to have some blepharitis treatment consisted of hygiene of the eye area just to prevent some further complications and I am usually taking some antibiotic cream but sometime I need to use also some antibiotic and steroids eye drops.