Yesterday morning I woke up and noticed my upper right eyelid was slightly swollen. No other pain was noticed and my eye itself was perfectly fine. The swelling went down during the day but I still slightly noticeable.

This morning, the swelling was worse when I woke in the morning and my eye was fairly crusty, which never happened to me before.

Again, this is only affecting my right upper eyelid. I don't see any noticeable styes or redness either. My left eye/eyelid is perfectly fine.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Hello there

Swollen eye is usually either sign of an infection or allergy. I am fighting allergy my whole life and when I wake up with one swollen eyelid and sometimes both I am aware that I need to increase the dose of my medications.

But few times I had eye infection and it was similar like allergy reaction so it is easy to be confused. These infections usually pass on their own but if you feel pain and strong itchy sensation than you should consult your doctor. In case that there is no other symptoms besides swollenness  you can try to apply warm compress to decrease the swelling and avoid touching your eyes with your hands. I hope this was helpful.

Experienced this today . The compresses have provided some relief; I will probably be seeking a physician appt tomorrow .

Hello guys I was reading your posts about this interesting topic called swollen eyelid, that is very special problem. My friend has that experience called swollen eyelid and it was very itchy to him and according to that he realized that he can not stand it anymore so he decided to visit some specialist, an oftalmologist asked him about itch and tested his eyesight and when he was not satisfied with the results diagnosed him a conjuctivitis and gave him some creme. I have to say that last post is great and I completely with everything, and we should know that eye is special part of our head