What is the difference between anterior blepharitis and posterior blepharitis? I would appreciate any information. Thanks!

Blepharitis occurs in two forms. One is anterior blepharitis and other one is posterior blepharitis. Anterior affects the outside front of the eyelid where the eyelashes are attached and the two most common causes are bacteria and scalp dandruff. Posterior blepharitis affects the inner eyelid and is caused by problems with the oil glands in the eyelid and here are two skin disorders the cause: acne rosacea and scalp dandruff.

Hi there,
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelash follicles which are located along the edge of the eyelid. When bacteria starts to grow more it may cause some complication in the eyelashes and there for you have this condition. Also I know that thic condition can lead to onset of styes and chalazia. You are more likely to develop this condition if you have seborrheic dermatitis of the face or scalp, rosacea, lice, and allergies. The fact is that you can treat this condition if you use some antibiotics that will prevent bacteria to overgrow in this region. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco