I’ve been struggling with weight issue that has caused me several serious health problems, including borderline type 2 diabetes. So far I’ve tried to lose weight under medical control several times, including dr. Bernstein diet and Duromine, but all my weight just comes back.

Now I hear there are two new weight loss meds, Belviq and Qsymia, and I’m wondering if anyone could tell me how they are different? Also, is it true that you’re supposed to take either of those pills for the rest of your life, and not just some limited time like Duromine?

there are several major differences between Belviq and Qsymia, and you also have to take into account that they are very new on the market so their full effectiveness or side effects might yet turn up different than in trials. Anyhow, if you're female, you'll have to also take birth control while you're on Belviq or Qsymia because they can cause serious damage to your unborn baby.

Besides this, Qsymia works like an appetite suppressant, while Belviq also has both potential for abuse and can be habit-forming.