After months of tests and urologist visits, I was finally diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. My urologist immediately put me on Vesicare, and it does help a bit with how frequently I have to urinate, but I still feel the pain and pressure in my bladder.

From what I’ve read online, some people with IC are on Toviaz, as well as Vesicare, but I’m not quite sure are these similar or completely different medications? What is the difference between Toviaz and Vesicare?

both Toviaz and Vesicare are medications that reduce muscle spasms, meaning they help your bladder not to be constantly contracted (this is what causes sensation of full bladder and triggers the urge to urinate), which then allows the bladder to hold a larger amount of urine without triggering the sensations of fullness.

So, Toviaz and Vesicare are fairly similar, but they work bit differently. Since we're all different and don't always have  exactly the same set of symptoms, it makes sense for you to discuss with your doctor either adding Toviaz to your treatment, or switching to Toviaz completely.

Vesicare and Toviaz work a bit differently in controlling both the frequency and the pain that's often associated with (almost) constant urge to urinate. Obviously, both of these medications mainly deal with the symptoms of interstitial cystitis and not really the original cause itself.
So far, I've been first on Detrol, than after dealing with severe constipation for years my urologist finally switched me to Toviaz and Vesicare combination and I finally have a noticeable relief from the interstitial cystitis symptoms. Mainly, I don't feel as much urgency and it happens far less often that I really need to go to bathroom, not to mention that I'm finally free from constant constipation.

TOVIAZ is an antimuscarinic drug developed by Schwarz Pharma AG to treat overactive bladder and Vesicare is a urinary antispasmodic of the antimuscarinic class. It is used in the treatment of overactive bladder with or without urinary incontinence number Urge incontinence.