Hey everyone.

A very good friend of mine, he is 37 years old is diagnosed with hearth valve disease. I am not so familiar with heart diseases but since it is about the heart I know that it can’t be good :/

I did some research but I haven’t found out a much about it. I was talking with my friend and he told me that his doctor is still wondering what the best treatment for him is. It is very weird, do you think that as well? I mean, doctors should know right away what is the best, right?

Do you know how is heart valve disease treated?

I totally forgot to mention that he had surgery two years ago. I am not so sure what this surgery was about but still I am scared. He doesn't want to talk about it too much. When I was talking to him he told me that this is probably something very serious.

Also he told me that he doesn't want to use any medications. I am worried about this because I believe that this can be cured or treated with medications.

I don't have a clue. Trust me, I really want to help him to find a proper treatment option. 

Hey there Aurora.

Your friend is very young, I have to notice :/ I am very sorry to hear this. I don’t know but whenever I go I can hear that young people have some hearth issues. I don’t know what is going on, but I know that this is not normal.

About your question, I know that diseased heart valve can be treated in several ways. But I do know that medications are often used as a first line of defense. Of course, they are not permanent solution in many cases. Sometimes person with this disease needs to go to the surgery.

Hey there.

My mother in law has this disease and so far her treatment is going very well. She told me that the most important thing is proper treatment. I remember that doctor asked her does she want to go to the surgery and she was thinking a lot about it. We told her that she should do the surgery. Now, she is not sorry. But also once a heart valve begins to affect the hearth’s ability to pump blood it needs to be repaired. Or replaced.

Well, about the treatment it includes a plan to protect your heart from some future damage, you need to drink medications that your doctor prescribe you, and you need to repair this problem whenever it needs to be repaired. Follow up care is very important as well.

Hello everyone. Usually it can be treated with medications, with minimally invasive procedures and open – heart surgery. If your doctor thinks that the heart valve repair or even replacement is the best possible treatment for you than this is the best treatment.
Heart valve repair is a surgical procedure that corrects a heart valve that is not functioning properly. It usually involves the heart valve leaflets that open and close to pump the blood through the heart. Usually, that is the best way.
Replacing damage heart valve is good when repair is not an option. It is a surgical procedure as well.

Look, there is not that much new that can tell you about this that others already haven’t told you. Now, treatment for hearth valve disease will always depend on the type and severity of valve disease. You should also know that there are three goals of the treatment for hearth valve disease. You should always find the way to protect your valve from further damage – that is the number one in the treatment. In most cases it is treated with medications but you should always be in touch with your doctor. I really hoping that everything is going to be fine. Enjoy!