Well I'm a US Marine. I've been in for a year and a half now. During boot camp I got real bad shin splints, or so I thought. I finished all 13 weeks like that between the running, climbing, and jumping, I thought I was going to die. When I got home for leave I went to the doctor and got x-ray and bone scans. Apparently I had a fracture in my right tibia, and stress fracture in my left.

They gave me time off, to get healed. But still a year later it still hurts pretty bad when we run. We usually run a minimum of 3 miles daily. And I need to run its part of my job.

At this point I'm ready for any advice. I'll buy almost anything if its going to help.

Thanks in Advance,
Hutch

Well, how long did you stop running for. I have always heard that you should take about 9 weeks off. Maybe the fracture never had time to heal. If I were you I would go see a specialist and they would be able to tell you exactly what to do to make sure it gets better.

I have a stress fracture in my left foot...4th and 5th metatarsal....been dealing with it for nearly 2 years....finally had to take time completely off...seeing a foot doc now to trouble shoot.

It has got to be tough with being in the military...they don't really give you enough time to heal. My son-in-law has had a screwed up foot and ankle....same thing since boot camp several months ago. They make him run on it anyway. GGGGRRRRR. Anyhow...take care, I hope you get better. Carol