I had an accident 3 days ago and injured my left ankle. It has swollen and has become very sensitive to touch. The day after I went to physician and done x-rays exam. In fact, my ankle was broken, not only sprained.
One small bone is broken and one big weight-bearing that is more important is ok, fortunately. I got it immobilized
and doctor prescribed me medications for pain management. What complications may ankle fractue cause me in
the future? I’m 30 and am very active, love sports and am worried about this. Thanks in advance.

It’s important for you now to have rest and keep your injured foot elevated to reduce swelling. Just let it heal naturally, to avoid deformity or arthritis. Some people have chronic pain in ankle that is due to past ankle fracture.
You obviously have had fibula fracture, because it is the smaller one and carries about 10% of body weight. Tibia
is bigger one, also called shin-bone and is more important because is weight-bearing bone in leg. You were lucky, when I had ankle fracture 3 years ago, I broke both fibula and tibia. Fortunately, my ankle healed completely without complications, but sometimes I feel pain at there that is not associated to physical activity. It’s pretty normal.