Hello! My mother has been diagnosed arthritis for more then three years. She has changed many of her habits; she has stopped smoking and alcohol consumption. She has also changed her nutrition and now she is eating healthy food. I was thinking on introducing some additional vitamins in her nutrition. What role play vitamins in treatment of arthritis?

Hello! Vitamins are very important in nutrition of all people, especially in those affected by arthritis. I think the best way is to take vitamins naturally, through or food, but usually the food we take doesn’t contain enough vitamins. Deficiency of vitamins can lead to a variety of health problems, including some forms of arthritis and that is why is very important to take them additionally. For example vitamins as B5, B6 and B3 are good for reducing swelling and dilate small arteries, increasing blood flow. Vitamin C acts as an anti-inflammatory, relieving pain, and rids the body of free radicals and vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that protects joints from free radicals while increases joint flexibility.