I'm looking around for a good multivitamin...but one for active people. What brands have others people tried and liked?

I take a 'member's mark' (aka Sam's generic) for women, it has extra iron. Then I take an additional iron( I'm anemic). I just go for the basics, nothing fancy or not yet approved by the FDA so I figure a generic would work.

I have read a few articles in Nutrition Action Healthletter that weigh out good and bad vitamins and expose which unapproved supplements are really bad...I'll try to find a link for you.

Twinlab's Supertwin

Features and Ingredients

Men's one-a-day and not even every day. Usually to make sure I get some of the trace elements you need.

I use solgar vitamins....have amino acids and all of the necessary ones.

A little pricey but very good

I also concur on Greg's choice of supertwin....very good one there

Solgar vm 2000

I have been using Apex Fitness vitamins. The Physical Trainer at my health club had me try them. I have had problems in the past with some multi-vitamins and these work great.

Link to Vitamin article They don't have a link to the supplement one yet, it may be too recent.
The "Spin the Bottle Article" to which you referred me is really helpful, especially the information about vitamin A and its potential to increase hip fracture. There's so much about vitamins I'm still learning about. I'm currently reading a book about nutrition and the author has talked about antioxidents and protecting your body against "free radicals." Anyway, she states that athletes make more of these free radicals and defines free radicals as "unstable molecules produced by oxygen related reactions in the body" (Ryan 38 ) and warns that they are "implicated in contributing to a number of diseases" (Ryan 38 ) . Honestly, I'm not sure I'm understanding what a free radical is ..how it's produced...and why athletes have more of them. Also, how can I help prevent these? Her explanation doesn't really seem clear to me...or just wasn't enough information for me to get the gist of what she's talking about...but now I'm kind of concerned about these..

Save your money and eat a good balanced diet.

I take Women's One a Day.

I take the One A Day Mens Formula. Nothing else. The only reason I take it is to make sure I get stuff I need. For the most part I eat pretty well but I am am sure I am lacking in some areas.

Best Tasting Protein Bars is a healthier choice that can be incorporated in daily lifestyle to get most of the benefits like it relaxes muscle tension and help in brain development.

_removed_

New Member
1 post

Women's help to miss out certain types of vitamins.This is true for pregnant people those with dietary restrictions and some for individuals as they age. And while increasing consumption of certain foods in our diet may help with this, multivitamins are another way to help ensure you’re getting the proper nutrients. While eating a balanced diet can often provide the necessary daily amount of vitamins and minerals that women need, for some, this might not be enough. But multivitamins may help.So if you look for good multivitamin, go for multivitamin supplements that benefits to your health and body. There are certain multivitamin supplements that are available.

_removed_

New Member
1 post
Good vitamin supplement are the essential part of our body.