Hello! My mother suffers from arthritis. Her finger joints are often red and inflamed and hurt her a lot. Sometimes she can’t sleep during the night. The medicines she takes usually help but I am afraid of the possible side effects. I would like to improve her health in a more natural way. I heard that nutrition is very important in arthritis. Can Vegan diet be beneficial for arthritis pain?

Hello! Nutrition is very important, especially when a person already has certain health problems. A vegan diet is free of gluten and it is showed to improve the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. There were some researches that provided evidence that dietary modification may be of clinical benefit for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. This benefit is most probably related to a reduction in immune-reactivity to food antigens eliminated by the change in diet. You should consult an experienced nutritionist who will help your mother with her diet.