Hi, folks. My mother is 62 years old and lately she has begun complaining on her vision problems. She says that she sees cloudy. I would like to know if this is normal for people over sixties or not. Can you tell me something more about this? I would appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. Cloudy vision is not normal for the over-sixties. The first thing I would suspect on is cataract. I recommend you to check this out with an ophthalmologist. Some of the common symptoms are: cloudy and blurry vision, foggy or distorted vision, vision color changes and double vision. These people can also complain on progressive loss of vision or halos around light. There can be a frequent increase in eye glasses or contact lenses prescriptions. Loss of contrast is also possible. Please, let me know what the ophthalmologist will tell you. Good luck!

Hello, folks. I would also say that your mother may have cataract. You should definitely make her an appointment at the ophthalmologist’s office. You can also look her into her eyes. Sometimes, these patients have a certain milky-like glance of the eyes. There are various types of cataract. Many of them can be treated with surgery. I think that nowadays it is only a routine. I hope she will be all right. Bye!

Hi, good people. I would agree with the previous posts. Cloudy vision cannot be normal. Even if you are over 60, it is still not normal. It is probably cataract. That is why it is important for your mother to visit an ophthalmologist. He will determine the exact cause of her vision problems. Can you inform us what it is when you find out? Good luck with this! Bye!