Hello! I have been recently discovered a pollen allergy. Actually, I noticed long time ago that I sneeze and have runny nose and watery eyes while walking in the park especially in spring and early autumn. Since the symptoms became m ore severe I went to see my doctor who performed skin test and discovered my pollen allergy. What things can make my pollen allergy symptoms worse?

Hello! Since your allergy is caused by pollen the symptoms you have may only become worse when high concentration of pollen is in the air. So, avoidance of pollen is the most helpful factor in controlling of allergy symptoms. But, this is usually not easy. You should know that grasses pollinate in the spring and summer, trees pollinate in the spring while weeds usually pollinate in the late summer and fall. If you decide to avoid pollen in the named periods of the year it would mean that you could go out only in winter, which is of course nonsense. I assume that your doctor already prescribed some medication to you which will relieve your symptoms especially during the time of pollination.