Hello, guys. My friend has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I should be more precise and tell you that it is a secondary-progressive MS. I would like to know what drugs to take in the late stages of this form of disease. Can anyone recommend us something? We will appreciate it.

Hello to you too. I am sorry to hear that. MS is indeed a serious disease. Secondary progressive MS is just one of the four forms of the disease. It characterizes with the steady progression of the symptoms. Treatment for this form is a subject for a lot of studies. Many different studies recommend different drugs. I have heard about mitoxantrone as a recommendation. Perhaps you have heard about it. Bye!

Hi, guys. I have also heard about SPMS. Mitoxantrone was the first drug that was approved for treating this form of MS. Later, beta interferons are approved as well. Both of these agents work by slowing the progress of the symptoms and inability. There numerous studies that are investigating other drugs. I am not sure about them. You can consult an expert about this. I hope you’ll find out something. Good luck!

Hello. MS is in general a progressive disease. I think that you can slow the symptoms and signs. However, the question is for how long this works. We don’t know. I would recommend you to talk to a specialist. This is their field and they must know something. I am sorry I couldn’t help you more. Good luck with your investigation. Bye!