Hi, folks. My brother in law has been diagnosed with multiples sclerosis. I know that this disease has periods of pseudoexarcerbations. I would like to know how long these worsening of the symptoms last. I would really appreciate if someone told me this. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello to you too. You are right. Pseudoexarcebations can last for few days. I am not sure how exactly they last. Most of these patients get corticosteroids for their acute attacks. This helps them, but it only has a short-term. Long-term effect of this treatment is weak, I’m afraid. I hope your brother in law will be fine. Good luck to him. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I think that these patients learn in time which provoking factors cause pseudoexarcerbations. Then, they know which one to avoid. However, this is not always possible. Steroids really help in acute attacks. However, you know about their side effects. Some of them are osteoporosis and impaired memory. This impaired memory is luckily reversible. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, guys. I would agree with all that is said here. Pseudoexarcerbations can last few days without a treatment. With the treatment they last shorter. I would agree to your brother in law to learn which provoke factors cause his pseudoexarcerbations. In time, he will learn to avoid them if possible. He can consult his doctors for more details. I hope this will help him. I am sorry I cannot help you more. Good luck!