Hello, folks. My mother has been just diagnosed with MS. In fact, she has primary progressive form of this disease. I am worried. I would like to know if she will end up in a wheelchair. I hope someone here could tell me something more. I will really appreciate it. Bye!

Hello, there. Primary progressive MS is a form of multiple sclerosis. It has a slow onset. Your mother will have some good days and bad days. By this, I mean on her symptoms. In time, these disabilities will progress. I really cannot tell you whether she will end up in a wheelchair. You should consult a specialist for prognosis. I hope you’ll find out something positive. Bye!

Hi, guys. Primary progressive MS is difficult as any other form of this disease. It usually begins with walking difficulties. In time, there is worsening of motor dysfunction. Disability increases. The main characteristics of this form are brain lesions, diffuse lesions of spinal cord and axonal loss. I agree that you should consult an expert about prognosis. He will tell you more details. I hope your mother will be fine. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I have also heard about this form. My neighbor has been recently diagnosed with it. He is not still in a wheelchair. However, his disease started with walking difficulties. He says that his relapses have tendencies to last more and more. I really don’t know what experts have to say about this. I hope they’ll say something. Good luck with all! Bye!