Hey guys!

Yesterday while I was driving in the local bus, I have heard ladies talking about some surgery. I was interested in the talk since they were talking about heart and I know a lot of people who have those issues lately. Now, one of those ladies needs to go to the surgery just like one of my cousins but she mentioned that her doctor told her that her “artery is too small for stenting”. Those are the last words that I have heard because I needed to get out of the bus.

I want to know what to do if artery is too small for stenting?

Hey there Z.

It always depends on what artery is blocked and how much of blockage is there? Is it 40, 50, 70 or even 90 percent? This all can cause several symptoms that can affect a quality life of that person.

Here is one experience. When my boss had a heart attack they told her that her artery is too small for stent. If they try to do this they could rupture this artery.

They gave some medications to her that stopped her blood becoming too thick. I know that this is awful when you know that you are having a heart attack but anything that can protect you are the medications. 

In this case good cardiologist is necessary. Maybe there is a second option beside the medications.

Hello guys. It depends. Everyone’s heart condition is totally different and it is not that good idea to compare two different hearth conditions. For example, there are some good reasons why some procedure is recommended to one person, but it is forbidden for another person. Remember that private cardiologist does not meant that the treatment of this condition will be better. No! I have experience with this and trust me that I do know what I am talking about. Quality work of cardiologist counts. Nothing else. Usually there are two things that can be done. One is surgery and second one are medications.

Greetings all.

In my opinion, no blockage is too small for stent. I believe that there is always a cure for this. If one doctor tells you that it is small, you should seek other doctor’s opinion.

I mean, you should always look for some doctor’s opinion.

My cousin had this problem as well. If there is a blockage which is causing some symptoms than your doctor’s should find out which one it is. He had 4 cm long blockage and I think that they used 2 stents. But that blockage was less than 2 percent.

Remember that a very small blockage can cause enough turbulence to cause the reduction of blood flow.

They don't stent blockages that are only 2% blocked. And there are arteries that are too small to be stented.

You are correct, they stent arteries. I had a triple bypass 2 years ago and should have been 4. To make a long story short I had a angiogram a month ago in attempt to place a stent and my cardiologist told me my arteries were too small to stent

My husband had LAD stent, but now the LAD branch has 2 teeny narrow arteries with a slight block and cardiologist says he won't chance it in an 81 year old. I agree. Leave it be or death on table. BUT I wonder if L-Argenine supplement would help or hinder the problem....Anyone?