Hi everyone,

I need some info and I would appreciate it if someone would take their time to write it down for me here.

As it looks, I have been diagnosed with coronary artery spasm, it kind of caught me off guard but anyway, can't worry about it now that it's here, it is no use. It is better to start treating it rather than babbling about it. 

So I'm writing this hoping that some of you here might stop by this post and help me out, maybe someone had some experience with this? What are my treatment options since I have coronary artery spasm?

Well, it is definitely a good thing that you have been diagnosed with it since it usually goes undiagnosed because it shows no symptoms. This is bad because this condition can eventually cause a heart attack.

Well, the most common symptom in people who actually have symptoms is chest pain and the treatment options basically go around relieving this pain. However, your doctor might also recommend that you take some medicines for lowering your blood pressure and your bad cholesterol because both of these things can further reduce your chances of getting more coronary artery spasms. I hope this helps a bit.

Hi guys, 

Treatment for a coronary artery spasm focuses on relieving chest pain. This mainly involves prescription medications, such as the following:

• Nitrates can help dilate your arteries and relax artery walls. A nitrate may be used as a long-term medication or as a pill to have on hand if you have another spasm.
  • L-arginine is a dietary supplement that can prevent spasms.
  • Calcium channel blockers can reduce chest tightness by relaxing the muscles in your arteries. This medication may be taken on a long-term basis.

During treatment, you should eat a low-fat, low-sodium diet. You should also quit smoking if you smoke.

Good day everyone.
I believe that there are a couple of things that you need to know about coronary artery spams. But those things only your doctor can tell you. About the treatment options – nitroglycerine is the best way to treat it. Why? Because it usually relieves angina that is caused by coronary spams. Now, in some cases long – acting nitroglycerin can help prevent some seriously angina attacks. But also you need to know that some people who are diagnosed with it require calcium blockers and your doctor may prescribe larger dose. It is more usual than some normal doses.

Good day there.

My friend was diagnosed with coronary artery spams a couple of years ago. It was a little bit late when she went to see her doctor so all those therapies that you wrote in here could not help her. The doctor tried to give her some calcium blockers, but they didn’t helped her as well. So he decided to combine some different types of calcium blockers to her. And this was really helpful, at least the results showed it. You need to know that medications and dosing are individualized for each patient, so you can’t just go to the pharmacy store and tell that you need combination of beta blockers for it. That is impossible. Also, you need to know that there are some side – effects from those treatments. But I am pretty sure that if those side – effects happen, your doctor can help you manage them.

Good day. I believe that you will need a bunch of tests to diagnose coronary artery spasm. Those tests include ECG – and echocardiogram and a coronary angiogram. Now, coronary artery spasm is a chronic condition and the symptoms are usually controlled with some medications that are determined by your doctor. Those medications will help you to relieve the spasms. Also, they will help you to avoid the triggers for coronary artery spasm and it is very important to control some risk factors for coronary heart diseases. In this case it is very important to make a healthy lifestyle choices and to eat healthy, balanced diet. Also, if you are a smoker, you should stop with it and try to exercise.