I used to easily run some 5-10 miles a day without problems, but then 2 years ago my left knee started hurting during my run.

I have been to all sorts of doctors, and no one could find anything wrong with my knee. Six months after the initial knee pain, I started having pain in my neck and severe TMJ like headaches. My left knee pain has also sort of spread to my left ankle front / outside of my calf, and I developed a tight IT band along with a left foot pain.

Now, 2 years later I have finally been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

I have not run in two years, but now that I found out that my pain is left leg pain is due to Fibro, I was wondering if I could go back to running despite my pain.

Has anybody else continue their running despite a leg/foot pain due to fibromyalgia?

I went for a walk today, and my foot and ankle started hurting after just 15 minutes into my walk, but walked for another 15 minutes with some pain.

I have tried bed rest, and PT, but nothing has helped. I have had X-ray scans, MRI, and bone scan with negative results. I also took Ibuprofen 3 X 800 for 2 months with no results.

Right now, I am almost 100% sure that my LEG pain is due to Fibro, but I am not sure about what would happen if I start running again despite the leg pain.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Some stats:

I am 29 year old male. Currently take Cymbalta 60mg twice a day, although I am not sure if Cymbalta works for men, but it did help take the edge of my headaches.

I continue having left leg pain and nothing seems to help. It is either staying in bed, or making a conscious choice to face the pain and stay active, which I have been doing, but I have not run in two years.

Please share your experience if you have been through a similar experience or are currently running despite having an undiagnosed leg pain or a leg pain due to fibro.

Alex

HI Alex, I am sorry to hear about your condition and the fact that you cannot run or walk without pain. I haven't heard of your condition but can imagine how frustrated and annoyed you must be.

Please accept my deepest condolences and please keep all of us runners updated on your path to recovery. best of luck buddy.