Any body know anything about this disease? :umno:

My Mom and Sister have it. :|

Huge, huge and really bad pain. I have tried everything, trust me, even some fibromyalgia pain relief that my friends told me that is very effective, but I think that this one softens the pain for a couple of hours and then just it starts to hurts again. I can say that it is very unpleasant experience, but I am fighting against it at the best way that I can. Maybe you won't believe me, but walking helps. Just like some light exercises. I consulted my doctor and he told me that it is OK to do some. I fell relief when I am moving.

it's an autoimmune disease, they don't know what the trigger is, it's hard to treat it as each individual case is different as is with most AI diseases. :cry: it can be very painful and life altering, but with proper diagnosis and the right medicine, life can be near normal.

go here and read. Good luck to who needs it.

The Doctor told me today I have this..I looked it up on the web and I guess I know why I have been feeling the way I have been feeling..I told the Doctor the other day Ive been active my whole life I know how Im supposed to feel and something is going on with me.So she did blood test and this is the result.interestingly ..it seems it can hit you after you expierience a emotional trama in your life.

I've had it since 1998. It sucks....no cure but it is manageable. I've done a tremendous amount of research on CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome) since I have that too....they often occur together. Tons of pain, especially on the trigger points....a lot in your back and neck....worse when it's damp, cold or rainy, for me anyway. Yoga and stretching help me a lot, working out too much can knock me on my ass for weeks. Stress ALWAYS triggers a flare up, and from what I've read it can attack every system in your body at one point. Mine that have taken the most beating are my liver and kidneys.

Tribob, didn't your mom have heart complications from this a few years ago?

No. But, with my sister's bad marrage, divorce and moving back in with 2 kids, stress has been very high for both of them for years. My Mom just went for two weeks at the Myofascial clinic in Malvern. She feels good about the treatment and has home exercises to do for an hour a day.
Massage, light exercise and stretching help.

Hmm...maybe it was a friend of hers then, I remember you mentioning somebody a while ago.

I've also heard good things about the Malvern Clinic. I'm not at that point yet, my pain is manageable most of the time, but with the increased job stress it's starting to take its toll. I have a hard time with massage when I'm in a flare up because that much touch hurts like hell. :(

Bikerdude, while your at it, you might like to do some reading up on POLYMYALGIA RHEUMATICA.
About as much fun as a 24 hour dentist!!!

My mom has it, always in pain :(