What was the most you spent (or had spent on you) for a single date?

I ask because I was looking at purchasing tickets to a musical (if you must know it was the Lion King Musical), but I found out that the cheap tickets are $135 a piece! Throw dinner and travel on top of that and I'd be looking at close to $400!

Now, I would consider this if we had been going out for some time, but if this is in the first few months (which it would be), $400 for a single date is going to be WAY too much.

You're young,and if you have the money and if she's worth it to you, I'd do it--because you only live once.

It is a little rich for my blood. In college I remember scrounging for change in my car to go for tacos at 4 for $1.00.

Unless you've got a ring and a wedding date, that's way too much to spend for a single night out.

Can't you rent the Lion King on DVD and order pizza?

this one girl charged 500/hr....and she called it a date... :?

My most expensive date was fairly recently, i believe.

Dinner for two at Ruth's Chris: $80
Two tickets to Tony N Tina's Wedding: $120
Total: $200 (that was easy math)

I don't think i've had anything more expensive than that.

I once dated a really rich guy. Some of those dates were in the five figures (and not the low end, either). I've also dated poor guys. It's the thought that counts. The more sentiment you add, the better the date.

Why rent the DVD when I already own it? Why buy pizza when I can cook? A nice home cooked dinner that covers all the food groups (because she is a nutrition major) would go a lot further then ordering a pizza.

Dude, you can cook? You're soooo IN! Skip taking her out somewhere to eat.

Can you take her to a local theatre? Mrs. and I love to go to small, locally produced shows.

I think I date really cheap guys. :? I did once get taken to dinner to the tune of $200. It was a first date 8O sadly, a last date too

probably in excess of $100.00 but not much more. Simple tastes really.

That sounds like a lot of money to fork out. I think it would be different if you were going with someone you had been dating a while.

i think it would be a good investment in the relationship, if you have only been dating a few months then longer trips are a great way to get to know somebody and you can find out a lot about the person.
The Lion King is an AMAZING musical-- I would do some more investigating about the ticket price. I saw it when it was in Houston and I got good seats for under a hundred.

:1:
I didn't start spending serious money on dates until my 5th wedding anniversary.

I was dating a fella that paid for us to go to Hawaii for a week.It's a shame I had to dump him a week before the trip.

That's not a date. That's a honeymoon!