How much do you spend per year of clothes (excluding racing wear)? If possible, make shoes a seperate line item.

Clothes: 200-300
Shoes: 150?

if I said $100 would you believe me??????

.... he wouldn't either :(

I'd estimate $400 for clothes and $200 shoes It'd be ALOT more if I included running clothes and shoes 8O

An embarrassingly low amount. I hope no one can tell.

You have a Gabriel's out there, don't you?

nope... i'm just a no-spending martyr

You people are making me not want to admit...

Pretty please, admit! I want to live vicariously through someone who treats herself as she should!
I'm being sincere, please tell.

I'm being sincere, please tell.
Okay, maybe I don't want to admit to myself how extravagantly I live...for example, just Saturday I spent $130 on only 2 pairs of non-running shoes, ON SALE... And this won't be the only weekend of the year I shop...
we won't even mention the price the pair of jeans I have on hold at the mall still...

well, i save receipts so i have a fairly accurate, um, tally of my YTD clothing spend (just about $500). to my credit, everything i buy is on sale? and only $100 of that was shoes. plus, i needed to update a bit this year.

:fubby:

I have the best excuse. I've gone from a Size 18 to a Size 6-8 in 3 years. I have probaly bought 4 wardrobes over the last 3 years.

I keep shrinking too. My size 14 blazer is way too big now, and I just bought it in the winter.
I keep finding items that I need to buy because I don't have them in the correct size! For example: junky jeans to wear on the estate. I have 2 "good" pair of jeans, but I don't neccessarily want to work on the lawn mower in them. I also don't own a rain coat because my old Goretex is a 2XL...

I have no idea how much money I will spend this year. It's just a really nice feeling when I reach for a Size 6 and it fits.

me too
for anyone whos curious... the answer is too much. waaay too much.

Are we counting running shoes?
Maybe $100 a year on clothes. Running shoes are all I buy and I buy about 3 pair a year.

OMG, I don't even want to THINK about how much I spend on clothes in a single trip, much less a yearly total. I do try to buy a lot on sale so that helps, but I know my last trip to Penney's was like $300 (no shoes that time) but I got like 2 suits, 5 blouses, two pairs of pants, a pair of jeans, a sundress and some little stuff, scarves and whatnot, so I got a lot for what I spent. But that's not an unusual trip. I'm with Kimba, though, I've lost so much weight in the last year or two that I'm still replacing all my "fat" clothes. I'd kill for that size 6 though. Someday.....

Funny you should mention this, I was just headed out today at lunch to pick up a few little things for my trip this weekend.....

Does it redeem me at all to say that I can easily spend this much on someone else too?

Way, way too much. I have a thing for buying shoes. (okay, any clothing...) I'd estimate in the several hundred dollars for each. Glad we aren't including running stuff because that would cause me to enter therapy.