Hello. I am 34 year old female and I constantly problems with my throat glands.
All this started few years ago and I didn’t pay too much attention on it in that time.
I know that I don’t have some strong immune body system because it didn’t pass one year without me getting cold, fever or some kind of infection.
I wasn’t connected with my throat glands but now- I have big problems with it.
My throat glands are constantly swollen and very sore.
I am thinking to schedule an tonsillectomy with my doctor but I am afraid of that operation.
What is the purpose of this glans in the body? Are there any consequences of tonsillectomy?

Your throat glands are the part of one big system in your body called immune body defense system.
Their purpose is to filter all lymph that comes into it.
I has a system of cells called macrophages which role is to “eat” the bacterias and viruses that are found in the lymph.
The tonsils are the first line of defense but, because same this cells are found in a liver, skin, spleen and kidneys, tonsillectomy will not harm you as much as you think.
Tonsillectomy is often indicated if you have four this kind of infections per year or three per year in a period of three years.
So, think what you will do. I said that you could live without them but your immune system will never be the same.
Of course, there are many other possible causes of your throat gland swelling.
Glands can also swell following an injury, such as a cut or bite, near the gland or when a tumor or infection occurs in the mouth, head, or neck.
Contact your doctor and schedule an examination first and than you will know do you need a tonsillectomy.

you must check out and find if the very cause of your problem are the tonsilis.test your heart and joint's satus.
what infected tonsilis affect the most are exactly those very important and sensitive parts of our bodies.
if you notice any such change,don't hesitate to undertake surgery.the operation is not scary or painful,but it gets more difficult to recover with the age(i had it when i was 23,but i know people who did it at the age of 50 and more).you might experience some ear pain right after the intervention,have difficulties talking loud for some hours,but when the injury heals you'll feel better.
but anyway,surgical intervention of any kind and anesthesy always act as ashock to our bodies andit is good if there is a chance to get away without it.ask for a good specialist.
*there's something i've heart.about"bloodless tonsilectomia".it worked fine,with the least possible side effects.
lot of success with it!-mihaela

I had this same problem - well strep throat back to back for months. The strep caused some damage to my hearing and I did get my tonsils out as an adult 3 years ago.

The doctor that removed them said they were chronically diseased and bad. I was fine for about a year after this procedure but now I tend to catch everything just as before and have managed to get Strep Throat twice. I now have persistant soar throat and swallowing problems. The sore throat is on my right side and affects my right ear with pain.

I also tend to get a respiratory infection when I get sick and it lingers on for over a month. I just finished a cycle of antibiotics (Doxycycline) and my throat was fine...the day after I finished my course, the sore throat was back.