This is terrible. I don’t know whether any of you has ever experienced something like that but I think I’ve started losing toenails because I’m wearing wrong running shoes. Do you think that’s possible? The shoe in question isn’t that uncomfortable though my toes were hitting the inside of the shoe. Please tell me what to do to heal my feet. Thanks in advance.

I’ve never heard that something like that can cause losing toenails. I’m more inclined to think that it’s a problem with bacteria because running shoes can be infected especially if you lend them to somebody. I think that you should go to doctor in order to give tissue analysis. If it’s just one toenail, then you might have hit it somewhere and forgotten about it. When you buy shoes, be careful that they’re neither too big nor too small, because injuries during running are predominantly caused by inappropriate shoes. People don’t understand that, and frequently don’t pay much attention to the shoes they’re wearing, meaning that they’re all the same. Don’t let the money be the only thing you’re paying attention when buying running shoes.

Your toenails fell off because the shows were too small.

The easiest solution is to change your shoes. When you buy a new pair of shoes try it again. If your toes or your toenails hurts than maybe it's not problem in shoes. Or maybe you need some special shoes for your problem. Visiting a specialist will help you a lot, so don't be afraid to see a doctor.

If your toes are hitting the end of the shoe then the shoes are too small for sure. Running shoes will generally be a half size larger than you normally wear due to the natural running motion. Also, be aware of your foot shape. If your toes taper - the big toe is the largest and the rest are progressively shorter - there are shoes more inclined to that shape (EG. Nike). If your toes are more square - mostly the same length straight across - then you might consider New Balance as they have a roomy square toe box (speaking as someone with square feet).