Good day!! I recently took my 5years old daugther for stomach and headache and vomiting. He gave her a antibiotic and some pain reliever. Along with a refferal to get an ultrasound done on her stomach which I got done. In the ultrasound it revealed she has infected lymph nodes. Can some1 explain what that means and how it can be treated? I eagerly await a respond. Thanks!

Lymph nodes are parts of our immune system that are here to serve as a sort of collecting place for any kind of infection that might have going inside body. Like tonsils - they get infected and inflamed in order to prevent more serious infections of the throat and lungs. And lymph nodes are spread all over our bodies, to protect all the different parts. So, was she prescribed an antibiotics or some other kind of treatment for this infection?

Unfortunately not which I thought that was how you'd normally treat an infection with antibiotics. The doctor only told me not to give her food or drink with lemon, lime or orange and that he tonsils might have to be removed because he has tonsilutis.

Thank you very much for responding, Nikols! Thank you!

You're welcome danielle! But it is strange.... even if she has tonsillitis it still is infection, so I dont understand why wouldn't he treat it before tonsillectomy. And from my own experience I know why he recommended that she doesn't have any lemon, lime or orange - its because they can irritate the stomach tissue and cause further inflammation. Do you have scheduled checkup, or what are you supposed to do now - just wait?

Well, the infection of her tonsils keeps reaccuring(maybe as a result of sucking her thumb). So that was his suggestion to get a tonsillectomy. Now, am in a waiting process. He didn't give us a date for a check up or anything. I know am not a doctor anything but, is that right? Now, she has the flu. Its 1 thing after the other!:'-(

As far as the tonsils are concerned, I'm 25 and for the past year it hasn't been a two months since I had serious infection, swollen glands, antibiotics treatment... wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's the bacteria that just gets into tonsils and keeps causing infections over and over again so tonsillectomy really is really the only option. But I'm still in sort of a recovery from surgery I had this summer, so it will have to wait. Oh, and that is why she didn't get the antibiotics - because of the flu. When you have viral infection and take antibiotics you can get serious side effects, so that was a good call from the doctor. But, as soon as that clears up, you will have to take your daughter to check those glands again, but you don't need me to tell you that. Hope she recovers soon!

Do hope you'll recover fully... Its only a few days ago that she got the flu. She didn't have it when she last visited the doctor. Thank you very much for your responds!! Its of great help!!

I saw my Oncologist yesterday and I have a sore spot in my stomach (She only presses where the lymph nodes are when examining me, She told me that I need a endoscopy to rule out anything which could also be gastro and that's who I'm going to see, A gastro Dr. I'm worried bc I've been dealing with NHL off and on since 2006