Hi, I have asthma for many years and I have used aerosols with corticosteroids to relieve symptoms. Now, I am looking for some alternative treatment for asthma that is proven to be efficient.

Hi, I use inhalation with some herbal drops to produce bronchodilatation in combination with acupuncture treatments. I find acupunture very effective.There are many complementary and alternative treatments,however they have not been scientifically proven or studied. Safety of many of these methods remains unknown. Chinese herbs, like ding-chan tang, can decrease inflammation and relieve bronchospasm. Ephedra is a widely used in dietary supplement, as bronchodilator. It was banned by the FDA. Yoga breathing exercises can be helpful asthma control breathing and relieving stress, a common asthma trigger. Changes in diet including restricting dairy products and sugar has aided some children with asthma.